Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chicken Kofta Curry - Day 7

Apologies for the bad picture. It doesn't speak at all about the melt-in-your-mouth quality of these koftas or the mellow taste of coconut milk, studded with cashews. It was a hurried weeknight dinner, thrown together with pantry staples and there just wasn't enough time to find a good angle. Hunger won over the desire to capture the image satisfactorily.

I used the chicken meatballs recipe from this previous post. I had made and frozen a batch the previous week. They were dunked in a simple curry of coconut milk and fresh ginger-garlic paste and scooped up with store bought naans. I really don't remember the proportion, but for the sake of the recipe am going to put down what I think is right. You can adjust your seasoning as you go along.

Chicken Kofta Curry

1/2 can coconut milk
1 onion, chopped real fine or made into paste
2-3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2-3 small green chilies
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp nigella seeds
pinch of turmeric
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cashews, grind some to paste and fry the rest
chopped coriander leaves.

Heat some ghee in a kadai, splutter the jeera and nigella seeds and fry the onion paste and ginger-garlic paste. Add the green chilies, cashew paste, yogurt and both milks. Let the mixture boil for a while and add the cumin and coriander powder. Slide in the meatballs/koftas. Take the curry off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and fried cashews.

Congrats marathoners! We did it...7 days, 7 recipes. A vacation, a houseful of guests and dozens of pending chores, we still managed to get our posts in by midnight. It feels wonderful to have done it with such a enthusiastic group. Like Nupur said, this helped me clean up my drafts folder and usher in the new year on a clean slate.
I loved your comments and the hurried look I got at your posts. I look forward to getting to read even more in 2010!

Wish you and yours a very happy new year.

11 comments:

Sheetal Kiran

Even with the not-so-good photo, the recipe is totally drool-worthy! I am all for recipes that let me add-subtract at will and whimsy .. making them easy to make any night of the week! Not to forget, all those hurried days, when you have no time to literally scratch your head even. You know the equivalent to that in Marathi, don't ya ;)

Nupur

Thanks for your enthusiastic participation, Manasi! Wishing you a lovely year ahead.

Sheetal Kiran

I forgot to add ... Happppy New Year, Dah-ling ... Mwah, Mwah :D Don't ask, I am generally high on life, currently ;)

Linda

Manasi, wow -- the finished product looks like you slaved all day in the kitchen :) Happy New Year!

Unknown

As u said,I bet the picture doesn't do the justice.Yummo..Was looking for this recipe.Thanks

Sheetal Kiran

Oye! Where's my promised post? Have an award for you over at my place!

オテモヤン
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indian Khana

Hey gal how r u? Long time no see?

Vikram Karve

Delicious - I tried the recipe...

Rinku Naveen

Koftas are one of my fav.
u have a beautiful space.
First time here.
Do visit mine when time permits.
Thanks

Unknown

Our Mission for AppOnLease is to ensure fast and quality food delivery to customers using mobile technology thereby making queuing orders simple for restaurants.
AppOnLease is a Mobile Application for Food Ordering. Its a Food Ordering App designed by Loginworks Softwares Pvt. Ltd.

Kiss the cook!   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP